CodingFuture - Plug & Play IT infrastructure automation with paranoid security in mind for internet business:
- Scales from a single VM to highly available clusters in different data centers,
- Paranoid on security with isolation at every level.
- Perfectly covers deployment and security of host systems for virtualization and container deployment on top.
- Also provides efficient secure facilities for application deployment without container overhead - fits best small scale and tailored solutions.
Overall philosophy is to auto-configure everything based on centralized knowledge of whole infrastructure. All hardware resources are automatically distributed based on individual weights and limits of services. The level of fine auto-adjusting error-proof configuration is not achievable by human.
Another key principal is to allow auto-configuration tuning and easy manual interventions in analysis and disaster recovery.
The third key principal is continuous self-testing in runtime. See below.
Plug & Play IT infrastructure
It is a scalable IT solution which fits a single VM and a large High Available cluster.
Completely OpenSource: https://github.com/codingfuture
Based on Puppet® 4+
- Puppet Forge® link: https://forge.puppet.com/codingfuture/
cfnetwork - resource-based network interface and firewall configuration
- cfauth - system access security
- cfsystem - bare minimal production system regardless of its purpose
- cfdb - universal multi-instance multi-type database setup with cgroup runtime isolation
cfweb - all-in-one setup of web and application servers
- cfwebapp - book of cfweb recipes
- cflogsink - centralized logging
- cfmetrics - centralized monitoring
- cfpuppetserver - alternative PuppetServer & PuppetDB setup
- cftotalcontrol - parallel SSH-based control of all hosts from single place
- cfstorage - management of local and remote block devices and filesystems
- cfvirthost - virtualization host-specific configuration
- cfbackup - backup & restore management
- cfipa - identity management for organization
- cfmail - private mail system
- cfcontainers - container hosting
First of all, there is a concept of automatic self-testing in deployment. If anything is not working as expected administrator gets and immediate warning or transition error.
If anything is too complex then it’s a separate project out of Puppet® module scope. A good example is FutoIn CID: Continuous Integration & Delivery tool.
Help & Support
Please use GitHub issue tracker of Helpdesk repository for public questions.
For commercial support and security bug reports, please send emails to email@example.com .
Puppet® and Puppet Forge® are registered trademarks of Puppet, Inc. They are used based on OpenSource clause of Puppet® Trademark Policy.